About Shop Design Tidbits TOU Contact Facebook Instagram Pinterest Bloglovin' TPT Image Map

Saturday, August 8, 2015

Help! I’m having trouble opening my TpT download!


I am starting to see this question being asked more & MORE throughout the TpT community. It’s on our Q&A’s and sometimes even in our feedback - REALLY!? You know, the feedback that says "Help! I can’t open this file, it won’t download, the .pgn files aren’t showing up on my computer…The list goes on and on. 

First of all, take a deep breath and know that all will get worked out! Your issues downloading a file is not the sellers fault..I know it’s frustrating not to be able to open a file you were excited to download, but please remember that the seller has little to no control over what happens after a product has been uploaded for sale.

 I have a couple of tricks to share with you before you put a ticket in with TpT. Yes, with TpT NOT the seller. Unless, you are getting a notice that the .zip file is corrupt or you notice that there is no (.) before png or jpg, the seller cannot help you. Sorry! Once a file is uploaded to Teachers Pay Teachers it is out of the sellers hands and is most likely a site issue or an issue with how the file is being extracted. TpT has an awesome tech team ready and willing to help you, let them!


Troubleshooting Tips before contacting TpT:

Problem #1 - I unzipped the file and the files were missing? 
  •  To tighten security, Microsoft has included zone-specific information as a part of file’s meta data. This means that some files downloaded from the internet may be blocked. Follow these steps to fix the issue: 
    1. Right-click on your zip file and select “Properties” 
    2. Click the “Unblock” button  
*Keep in mind that this will only work on the zip file you are currently opening due to Microsoft's newest security measures. 

Problem #2 - Help! I can't unzip my file download!
  • For Mac users - Double clicking on the file folder will open it automatically. If this does not work, right click on File -> Open With -> Archive Utility

  • For PC users - To unzip a file, right click on the file folder and choose "Extract All". ** If the folder does not unzip for you, you will need to install zip software. There are many free programs out there. Here are just a couple: 

You can also take a look at TpT's Tips here.

Thank you so much for your purchases. You're happiness and success with each and every product I sell is important to me. Please never hesitate to contact me if you have a question!

No comments:

Post a Comment